Moving to Senegal

I have moved many times in my life so Senegal is no different to me. I think that being a International student is a crazy life. I have never lived in a place for more than 2 years, so Senegal does not feel any different. The one different part is the Atlantic ocean. Another thing that is different is the weather. I have never lived in a place where it rains so much. I adapt to places very fast. I not only think that Senegal is going to make a good impact on me, but I think that it will open up different opportunities for me. When I lived in Niamey, Niger my life was really boring and the school curriculum was not good. It also was a really small school, so ISD is a very very big school to me, and its has more that it is around 5 times the school I was in.

9 thoughts on “Moving to Senegal

1. That’s interesting, but I feel like you could have done better. But I’m pretty sure that you did better than me.

2. Very interesting post! Byt the way Mellissa, dont be suprised when it doesn’t rain again for a whole year, as this time right now is precisely the rainy season. During 9 months of the year, there is not a drop of rain. I hope you enjoy senegal.

3. I can agree with you 100%
    When I lived in Niger, I was bored 110% You did arrive in Niger right after I left, which was a time of great change, etc.
    I hope you have a great time in Senegal though!
    Dylan

• Well when I went to Niger the school just got worse. When all the teachers left the school just went down hill. Do you know Mrs. Hiedi fired Mr. Oumarou? I hope that I will like it here too.

4. Hey Melissa, I am glad you are adapting to ISD. I think it is a great and welcoming school. I have moved two times in my life, and so far this is the best school I have attended. If you like the beach or want to try something that relates to it, I recommend you to join the surfing classes some of our classmates have after school. I heard they are fun.

• Thanks, I really want to start surfing, but I am kinda scared to go into the ocean, mostly because I really hate sharks and I have heard some stories about sharks attacks. Have you heard any?